Thursday 25 October 2012

Becoming 'Almost Amish' - my personal journey, part 2

The tracts duly arrived, all the way from the United States. I devoured them eagerly and realised that this was something – no, the thing – I had been looking for all my life. They taught moral purity, high standards, solid Christian teaching, Bible study, and a complete way of life, which not only encouraged the individual Christian, but added a real sense of community and outreach. 

There were tracts on:

Family life

Church life

Relations with other Christians

How we relate to the world around us

Politics

Personal life and devotion to God

Obedience to Christ’s commands

…and many other items.

I will be addressing some of these issues as time permits. If you would like a set of the tracts yourself, then you can order them from the bookshop I mentioned previously, or else write to Rod and Staff direct at:

Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc.
PO Box 3,
Hwy. 172
Crockett,
Kentucky 41413-0003
USA


No comments:

Post a Comment